(1) In engineering, the monitoring of system output to compare with expected output and taking corrective action when the actual output does not match the expected output. (ISO/IEC 2010)
(2) In engineering, the monitoring of system output to compare with expected output and taking corrective action when the actual output does not match the expected output. (ISO/IEC 2010)
(3) Comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyzing variances, assessing trends to effect process improvements, evaluating possible alternatives, and recommending appropriate corrective action as needed. (PMI 2008)
(4) In an IDEF0 model, a condition or set of conditions required for a function to produce correct output. (IEEE 1998)
(5) In risk management, the formal name for the mitigation risk handling option. (DAU 2003a)
(1) and (2) ISO/IEC/IEEE. 2010. Systems and Software Engineering -- Vocabulary (SEVocab) Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)/Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) 2009 ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765:2010 [database online]. Available from http://pascal.computer.org/sev_display/index.action.
(3) PMI. 2008. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 4th ed. Newtown Square, PA, USA: Project Management Institute (PMI).
(4) IEEE. 1998. IEEE Standard for Conceptual Modeling Language Syntax and Semantics for IDEF1X97 (IDEFobject). Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). IEEE 1320.2-1998 (R2004)
(5) DAU. 2003. Risk Management Guide for DoD Acquisition. Fifth Edition. Version 2. Ft. Belvoir, VA, USA: Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Press.
Please provide your comments and feedback on the SEBoK below. You will need to log in to DISQUS using an existing account (e.g. Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or create a DISQUS account. Simply type your comment in the text field below and DISQUS will guide you through the login or registration steps. Feedback will be archived and used for future updates to the SEBoK. If you provided a comment that is no longer listed, that comment has been adjudicated. You can view adjudication for comments submitted prior to SEBoK v. 1.0 at SEBoK Review and Adjudication. Later comments are addressed and changes are summarized in the Letter from the Editor and Acknowledgements and Release History.
If you would like to provide edits on this article, recommend new content, or make comments on the SEBoK as a whole, please see the SEBoK Sandbox.