Operational Scenario (glossary)
(1) Description of an imagined sequence of events that includes the interaction of the product or service with its environment and users, as well as interaction among its product or service components. (ISO/IEC 2011)
(2) A set of actions or functions representing the dynamic of exchanges between the functions allowing the system to achieve a mission or a service. (Created for SEBoK)
(3) Stories which describe the expected utilization of the future system in terms of actions. (Created for SEBoK)
(1) ISO/IEC/IEEE. 2011. Systems and software engineering - Requirements engineering. Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission/ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), (IEC), ISO/IEC/IEEE 29148.
(2) and (3) These definitions were developed for the SEBoK.
Operational scenarios are used to evaluate the requirements and design of the system and to verify and validate the system.